Keyword: PCB boards;PCB layout;Copper thickness.
Introduction: what is PCB layout? And the demands of it? Besides, we also have a simply review on copper thickness.
The efficient laying out of traces on a PCB is a complex skill, and requires much patience. This task has been made vastly easier with the advent of readily available PCB layout software, but it is still challenging.
Usually an electronics or electrical engineer designs the circuit, and a layout specialist designs the PCB. PCB design is a specialized skill. There are numerous techniques and standards used to design a PCB that is easy to manufacture and yet small and inexpensive.
These are the usual steps in PCB layout for most customers that allow the customer maximum flexibility to make changes to embrace the normal engineering changes that happen during the design process. By utilizing this structured approach maximizes the engineering teams’ efforts to design and build a successful product.
- Schematic / Components design review.
- Determine what footprints are required to be built, and build them incorporating 3D models.
- Board outline definition process. DXF board outline file import is the most stable method.
- Component placement.
- Customer review of component placement.
- Power and Ground Plane assignment.
- Customer review of Power Plane and Ground Plane Assignments.
- Fanout. Critical net routing.
- Customer review of critical net routing.
- Non critical net routing. 12. Customer review.
- Silkscreen adjustment and board part number assignment/placement.
- Gerber, DXF, Step, IDF/LDF final file generation for final customer review and approval.
- Final cleanup and any touch up required from customer feedback.
The vast majority of PCBs are manufactured with “1 ounce copper” on the outer layers. If there are inner layers, they are almost always manufactured with “1/2 ounce copper”.The thickness of the copper layer on the PCB affects the behaviour of the circuit. PCB copper thickness is usually measured in ounces per square foot, or frequently, just ounces. It can also be given in micrometers, inches or mils.
These are only very small part of PCB, we’ll introduce more information about PCB in future.If any question or inquiry, please freely contact on my email: firstname.lastname@example.org, thanks!